9/17/2014

Disneyland and turkey legs

בס"ד



disneyland ferris wheel night

Do you enjoy going to amusement parks? I really do.
Every time you go into an amusement park, It's like going back to your childhood, when everything appeared so magical.
I've been to a couple of parks including Europa Park and Gardaland and for me, Disneyland has won the jackpot.
I've been to Disneyland only once and I can't compare it to Disneyworld ('cause I haven't been there yet), but when I entered the park, even with the ongoing lines, I really felt like I'm in a Disney movie.
The atmosphere is great and with those puppets in every corner and the amazing parades, you can't remain indifferent.


iron man disneylandwhale disneylandincredibles parade disneyland
muppet show disneyland

ferris wheel disneyland





disneyland attraction



A couple of years ago, I could go on a ride and not be afraid. Nowadays, things really changed.
I am very nervous when only thinking of going on the roller coasters. However, in most cases, I conquer my fear and get going with it.
As you probably know, in Disneyland there are two parks and the park I enjoyed the most was the "California Adventure park".
One of the famous attractions in California Adventure park is the " Tower of Terror ".
Firstly, I don't get it, why is it called an attraction? it really doesn't attract me to come and try it again.
Secondly, I think I really have gotten better on my tones, and why is that? 'Cause I screamed like there's no tomorrow on that ride.
That was so scary, I could not stop screaming, those moments when you're going up and suddenly dropping down, gosh just the thinking of it gives me the chills.

hollywood tower hotel

If you get the chance and visit Disneyland, you should definitely check out the "world of color" show, It is absolutely marvelous! 

disneyland at night

world of color show disneyland at night

Now, I saw some people eating those turkey legs in Disneyland, and I came across this recipe from Sasakitime and tried making it with some changes and it came out really good.
That's how I made those yummy turkey legs.
turkey legs

turkey leg

turkey legs

Ingredients:
4 turkey legs

Brine:
3 - 4 cups of water
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar (or sweetener)
1 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp paprika
1/2 Tbsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
Turkey Drumstick spice rub:
1 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil

Preparation:
Rinse turkey legs in cold water, pat dry.
For the brine:  combine brine ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Place the turkey legs into the brine. Let soak for about 10 minutes in the fridge.
Remove legs, rinse well, and discard brine. Dry drumsticks well with paper towels.
In a small bowl, combine spice rub ingredients. Rub onto turkey legs.
Heat oven to 190C / 375F.
Place turkey legs in the oven and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake for about two hours.
Enjoy!

8 תגובות:

  1. The turkey legs look delicious.
    And the photos of Disneyland makes me want to get back there again, although I haven’t felt like I have been in a magical place when I visit there, may be if I'll go to Disney-world I feel different :) .
    The "world of colors" show were definitely the highlight of the visit, and it is a most see show when you go to Disneyland.

    השבמחק
    תשובות
    1. Thanks a lot! World of colors is so beautiful and a must see for sure!
      Really appreciate seeing you here :-)

      מחק
  2. Oh wow, looks amazing :) great pictures, makes me want to go :)

    Thanks for linking up #weekendbloghop

    השבמחק
  3. The turkey leg look sssoooooo yummy! And of course love all your pictures.
    I am your newest follower from Blog hop. Am following you via Facebook.
    Feel free to visit, follow me via facebook and blog.
    Love
    Rena
    www.revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com

    השבמחק
  4. Your Turkey Legs look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with us at Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a fantastic day and come back real soon!
    Miz Helen

    השבמחק

Thank you for commenting!
Really enjoy hearing from you!
תודה על שהגבתם! מאוד שמחה לשמוע מכם!

ניוזלטר Subscribe

הירשמו לניוזלטר שלנו לקבלת עדכונים באימייל

Subscribe to get our updates by email

We use Sendinblue as our marketing platform. By Clicking below to submit this form, you acknowledge that the information you provided will be transferred to Sendinblue for processing in accordance with their terms of use