7/30/2020

Best stir and bake chocolate cake recipe with spelt flour

בס"ד

best stir and bake chocolate cake with spelt flour


If you told me that it is possible to make a chocolate stir cake using 100% spelt flour, and not only will it be moist and tasty, but it will not have any distinctive aftertaste, I would not have believed you.
Luckily I tried making one myself, and it turned out so freaking good. This recipe is the simplest and best bake and stir chocolate cake.


chocolate spelt cakes


It all started when I searched how to make a healthier cake, but it had to be a stir cake to make things as simple as possible.
I had 100% spelt flour at home, so I decided it was about time to take it for a ride. And with a few other basic cake ingredients, I made a chocolate stir cake that is so moist and so good, that you can make at your own home under 10 minutes.

After I made this cake and tasted it, I tripled checked that this was, in fact, 100% spelt flour. I was that overwhelmed by the outcome.
This chocolate cake is a non-dairy, parve cake. So, you can enjoy it after a meat meal too.
And since it is a bit more healthy than regular chocolate cake, you can keep this recipe for times when you're watching your diet, but still looking for a healthy, delicious cake.

chocolate spelt flpur cake


A few notes before we get started:
* The cake is not very sweet. It characterizes with mild sweetness. We enjoyed it as is, and I recommend making the recipe as-is for the first time. If you prefer more sweetness, I'd recommend making a chocolate ganache in a 1:1 ratio fo cream to chocolate. Pour it over the cake after the cake cooled completely, and the sugar syrup has absorbed entirely.
* Store in the fridge wrapped in cling film. The cake lasts at least up to 3 days (maybe more, we didn't have the chance to check it :-) ).
*I used demerara /turbinado sugar in this recipe. Can you substitute to white sugar? Well, I haven't tried, but there shouldn't be any problem substituting the demerara sugar to white sugar.
* You can skip the sugar syrup in the recipe, however, I highly recommend using it. Thanks to the sugar dissolved in hot water, you get a much more moist cake.
*The first time I made this cake, I poked it using a wooden skewer, so that the sugar syrup will get to every piece. But on another occasion I skipped the poking and it was still great.

delicious moist whole spelt flour chocolate cake


Best moist stir and bake chocolate cake/recipe: con delight
The ingredients were made using universal cups and spoons
Ingredients for 2-3 English cake pans:
1 cup of 100% whole spelt flour
1 bag of baking powder (10 grams/0.35 oz.)
1 cup of demerara (a.k.a turbinado) sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup of water
1/2 cup canola oil
6 M eggs

Sugar syrup:
1 Tablespoon demerara/turbinado sugar
1 cup of hot water

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 180C/356F, turbo (fan).
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking powder, sugar, and cocoa powder. Add in the water, oil, and eggs and mix well.
Transfer to English cake pans and bake in the middle rack of the oven between 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry or with a few wet crumbs.

Once the cake is out of the oven, melt the one tablespoon of sugar in hot water. Pour the sugar syrup on top of the loaves. Let cool completely and allow the cakes to absorb the syrup. You don't need to use the entire syrup.
Serve and enjoy :-)
*I made my cakes in a regular English cake pan and a larger challah pan, so I got two cakes out of this mixture.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

Thank you for commenting!
Really enjoy hearing from you!
תודה על שהגבתם! מאוד שמחה לשמוע מכם!

ניוזלטר Subscribe

הירשמו לניוזלטר שלנו לקבלת עדכונים באימייל

Subscribe to get our updates by email

We use Sendinblue as our marketing platform. By Clicking below to submit this form, you acknowledge that the information you provided will be transferred to Sendinblue for processing in accordance with their terms of use