5/20/2019

Gluten Free Quinoa and cauliflower patties

בס"ד

quinoa-cauliflower-patties

Quinoa is mistakenly considered to be a grain. However, it is not related to the grains family. The sure thing about Quinoa is the fact that it is healthy and it goes well with cauliflower in this quinoa cauliflower recipe.



Quinoa-cauliflower-recipe

The healthy side of Quinoa
Quinoa has excellent nutritional values. It contains all the amino acids necessary for our body, and it is rich in fibers, iron, magnesium, and more.
Quinoa does not contain gluten, and since I used oatmeal in my patties, the latkes itself are gluten-free and suitable for those who do not consume gluten.
I'm no expert on the subject, but I think they are also good for celiac patients.

I try to combine healthy food in my house menu and vary our food as much as possible; however, I don't always have the power to try and make new things. The force of habit and a dash of laziness, I guess, makes you go on the easy choices that you know how to fetch quickly. This easy-fixes tempt you to make the same dish over and over.

This time I decided to make something new with Quinoa, as I know how healthy it is considered. I decided I want a recipe with cauliflower and oatmeal as well.

 
quinoa-patties-on-the-table

When your recipe disappears instantly
I started searching for a recipe of patties with the ingredients I had in mind and came across this one. The recipe seemed really nice; however, I didn't want my patties to be dairy, so I made a few changes to the recipe.

The patties came out so good, and I was really impressed with how quickly they vanished. Of course, the frying helped here, but I hope I'll get to try this recipe again in a more healthy baked version and see the reaction of my family on the baked ones.

You're probably asking yourself: Do I need to rinse Quinoa?
Although I don't have much experience with Quinoa, one thing I learned in time is to rinse it.
The Quinoa is a bit bitter, so washing it well helps to get rid of that bitter taste.
Washing quinoa is quite Tricky since it has tiny grains, and I still haven't found the best way to accomplish it, but for such a great superfood it is worth the trouble, don't you think?!

 
quinoa-cauliflower-latkes-with-tomatoes-on-table

So how to make quinoa and cauliflower patties?
Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 cups of water
907 gram frozen cauliflower
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
3/4 cup of oatmeal (instant quaker oats)
3 L eggs
3/4 tsp. salt or According to flavor
1/8 tsp. black pepper or according to your flavor

oil for frying

Directions:
Cook the cauliflower in a pot with water until soft. Drain the water and mash into some sort of a puree.
Place the Quinoa in a pot with the water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and cook on low heat with a lid for around 15 minutes.
Transfer the Quinoa to the bowl with the cauliflower. Add the oatmeal, eggs, and spices (salt, pepper, and parsley) and mix well.
Preheat oil in a pan and fry the patties on both sides until ready.
If the batter is hot, you can transfer dollops using a spoon and flatten them, or you can transfer the mixture to the fridge and once cooled it is easy to form patties using your hands.
Either way, the patties are wonderful and tasty and are great to serve alongside roasted or cooked veggies.
Enjoy and Bon appetite!

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

Thank you for commenting!
Really enjoy hearing from you!
תודה על שהגבתם! מאוד שמחה לשמוע מכם!

ניוזלטר Subscribe

הירשמו לניוזלטר שלנו לקבלת עדכונים באימייל

Subscribe to get our updates by email

We use Sendinblue as our marketing platform. By Clicking below to submit this form, you acknowledge that the information you provided will be transferred to Sendinblue for processing in accordance with their terms of use