9/30/2020

5-minutes chicken with yam and onion in teriyaki and chili sauce

בס"ד


5 minutes chicken yam meal



I saw chef Segev Moshe recipe of 5-minutes chicken, yam, and leek in teriyaki sauce, and I really wanted to make it.
When reading the recipe, I had the urge to change a few things, and that's how this delicious and pampering recipe was born. Under 10 minutes, you'll have this in the oven, and all you want to do is try it.


brushing chicken with red sauce

chicken and vegetabes in red  sauce before baking



Due to various reasons, I made this different from the original recipe. First, it was that leek.
I really wanted to try and make this recipe with the leek, but I could find it nowhere. So I ended up pushing onions and ending this chapter of the story.

Then I saw that the recipe contains a large amount of sweet chili sauce and teriyaki sauce, and I wanted to make this on the healthier side. So I reduced the amounts of teriyaki and chili significantly.

I continued omitting and reducing amounts of spices. And I got this pampering delight of golden browned chicken skin with fantastic sauce and a perfect meal that was finished almost entirely in Shabbat dinner.

tasty chicken yam and onion


Chicken with yams in teriyaki and chili in 5 minutes/recipe: con delight adapted from the recipe of chef Segev Moshe
The measurements were made using universal cups and spoons
Ingredients:
4 chicken thighs, rinsed and pat dry
6 chicken drumsticks, rinsed and pat dry
About one and a half heads of garlic (around 15-20 cloves), peeled
2 large yams, cut into large chunks
2 onions, sliced into rings
champignon mushrooms (2 baskets - overall 500 grams=1.1 pounds), remove stems, rinse and pat dry (I recommend rinsing a few hours before preparation so that they will dry well), cut into small pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
2 Tablespoon teriyaki sauce
2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon sweet paprika
2 teaspoon dried coriander

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 200C/392F (you can use turbo or regular baking mode).
Place the vegetables in a pan: the yam, the onion, the mushrooms, and the garlic.
Mix the seasoning ingredients in a bowl: the oil, the water, the chili, the teriyaki, the salt and pepper, the paprika, and coriander.

Brush the vegetables with the mixture and place the chicken parts on top. Brush the chicken parts with the mixture under the skin as well.
Cover with baking paper and then aluminum foil and bake for an hour. Then, remove the covers and raise the oven temperature to the highest temp (Mine is 260C/500F, so I baked at 260C).

Don't wait for the oven to heat up; immediately start a timer for 15 minutes. Then, turn off and take out of the oven. Serve and enjoy!
*I baked my dish in 2 separate pans, but that's only because I don't have a larger oven pan.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

Thank you for commenting!
Really enjoy hearing from you!
תודה על שהגבתם! מאוד שמחה לשמוע מכם!

ניוזלטר Subscribe

הירשמו לניוזלטר שלנו לקבלת עדכונים באימייל

Subscribe to get our updates by email

We use Sendinblue as our marketing platform. By Clicking below to submit this form, you acknowledge that the information you provided will be transferred to Sendinblue for processing in accordance with their terms of use