9/14/2020

Moist vanilla-chocolate-coffee marble cake with 80% spelt flour

בס"ד


coffee-chocolate-vanilla marble cake



This pampering stir marble cake got its look from the glamorous bundt pan I baked it in. And although it is a simple marble cake, it is really that good.

This recipe is the perfect cake alongside your morning coffee, and it is perfect for vegans, too, since there are no eggs or dairy products in it.
I made this leopard cake in a bundt pan, a tube pan with fluted sides. Those sides can be an issue if you don't grease the pan properly.



wonderful marble stir cake with choco-coffee-vanilla flavors


But what happens when you forget to grease the bundt pan?
Well, first thing first, don't! Never forget spraying that pan. Otherwise, the consequences will be dreadful.
I used the Naaman pan I got to review from Naaman's 2020 Rosh Hashana collection, and I did it.
At first, I was all excited, started filming the cooking video, and when it seemed everything goes according to plan and smoothly, it happened.

I started to pour the batter to the pan, and when I covered one side of the pan, I realized I forgot to spray the pan with cooking oil.
So I grabbed the cooking oil spray as soon as I remembered and sprayed the part that didn't have batter on it.
Thank god, with all of my nonsense, the cake came out perfectly! Without any trace of someone messing up.
But still, I highly recommend greasing the pan properly before use.


delicious bundt pan marble cake

Gugelhupf bundt pan cake pan

a slice of chocolate vanilla mocha marble cake



A few things before we get started:
* I made this marble cake with vanilla, coffee, and chocolate flavors. If you prefer this to be a non-coffee cake, omit the coffee powder and divide the batter into two parts.
*To make this impressive leopard cake, I piped the batter using piping bags, a bit of donkey work. Of course, you can just pour the batters in - first the chocolate, then the coffee, and the vanilla one at the end. Take a knife and do swirls inside the batter, and that's it.
*This marble cake is parve, and since there are no eggs in it, it is also vegan-friendly.
*As a rule of thumb, a smaller pan with a significant batter will make the baking time longer. That is why it is recommended to bake that kind of cakes at a lower temperature so that the cake won't dry.
*As I wrote earlier, don't forget to grease the pan. I know my cake came out beautifully without a proper greasing, but seriously: "Don't try this at home."
*This moist, tender, and smells-divine marble cake is made easily. You can make it in an English cake pan, however then the baking time will vary. It is best to check the cake in the center or at the highest peak to see if a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
*I haven't tried making this cake using white flour, whole-wheat flour, or whole spelt flour, so I don't know if it works well with those flours. If you tried, do let me know.
*If you tried this recipe or any other, please share it with me in the comments below. Or, you can share your photos with me on my Instagram account and Facebook






Fancy-looking marble cake/recipe: Con Delight
The measurements were made using universal cups and spoons
Ingredients for 24cm/9-inch Gugelhupf/bundt pan:
4 cups 80% spelt flour
1 bag of baking powder (10 grams/0.35 oz.)
2 cups of white sugar
2 cups of tap water
1 cup of canola oil

For colors and flavors:
Coffee: 1 Tbsp. instant coffee powder (or less, if you prefer a mild coffee/mocha taste)
Chocolate: 1/4 cup cocoa powder

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 160C/320F, turbo.
Mix the flour, baking powder, and sugar together. Add in the water and oil and stir well.

Divide into 3 bowls. One bowl leave as is, add coffee to the second one and cocoa powder to the third one. Mix well.
Transfer the batter into piping bags with a small hole. Spray the pan with cooking spray, and start piping lines on the pan. Pipe each line with a different color. Once the first layer is done, begin piping any color you prefer on another color (see video).

Then, transfer the pan to the oven and bake at the oven's middle rack for an hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
I highly recommend checking after 50 minutes, since it depends on your oven.

When done baking, take out of the oven and let cool almost completely. Only then, flip on a serving plate to release from the pan.
The cake is kept well in an airtight container outside the fridge for almost a week.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

Thank you for commenting!
Really enjoy hearing from you!
תודה על שהגבתם! מאוד שמחה לשמוע מכם!

ניוזלטר Subscribe

הירשמו לניוזלטר שלנו לקבלת עדכונים באימייל

Subscribe to get our updates by email

We use Sendinblue as our marketing platform. By Clicking below to submit this form, you acknowledge that the information you provided will be transferred to Sendinblue for processing in accordance with their terms of use